Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Book Statement

I am working on a book about lighting for photographers. I have been teaching lighting at SVA and various lighting workshops for professional photographers for 19 years. The title I have been using is The Laws of Light and How to Break Them. I see this book appealing to students as well as professionals. I have yet to find a lighting book that has the lessons that I think are important. The reason I am taking this editorial design class is that I want to figure out a dynamic way to present the technical information and at the same time include work that both demonstrates the lesson points and is inspirational. Since there is a lot of material to cover, I want the chapters to be organized in a similar way and easy to follow. I can’t imagine that I will layout a whole book, but I would like to work out the design of at least one chapter this semester.

I have included three simply layouts for this assignment.

No comments: